What is a HFAD?
A HFAD is an automatic smoke or heat detector which provides early warning of a fire by sounding an alarm to alert the occupants. A smoke detector is more effective in providing early warning of fire compared to a heat detector. It is therefore recommended for the primary protection of homes.
Why HFAD is important?
A Home Fire Alarm Device aka Smoke Detector provides an early warning to occupants so that they can take quick action to extinguisher fire or evacuate before the fire escalate.
Type of HFAD
There are two types of smoke alarms in general use for home smoke alarms: photoelectric and ionization. These smoke alarms sense the presence of smoke differently.
The type of smoke produced by a fire depends on the type of fire. Flaming fires produce a different type of smoke than smoldering fires.
Both smoke alarms will detect the smoke from either a smoldering fire or a flaming fire. It has been established and well known for many years that:
- Ionization smoke alarms tend to respond faster to the smoke produced by flaming fires than photoelectric smoke alarms.
- Photoelectric smoke alarms tend to respond faster to the smoke produced by smoldering fires than ionization smoke alarms.
Alestair SG HFAD
– CE Certified
– Tested following EN14604
– TUV certified
– Battery Included
– Early warning system
– Economically priced & User Friendly
– Easy to test; just press the test button
– Wifi link. Notify you of fire even when you not at home
– Small and sleek
– Loud alarm >85 dBa
– 6 months warranty
– Listed SCDF HFAD supplier
FIRE SAFETY TIPS
Install smoke alarms near bedrooms – high on a wall or ceiling
Do not install smoke alarms near air vents
Do not install on the ceiling directly above frying pans in the kitchen
Test smoke alarms at least once a month to ensure they work